Sunday, December 20, 2009

Done?

Well, the virtual keyboard is looking fairly complete. I changed the display to a text field, so now you can copy-paste in, type in, etc, but still enter stuff with the virtual keyboard. I made this only as a learning project, and not something actually to code, so I don't figure I have to update it much. In addition to adding the text-view field, I also realised that I can use the same variable name to declare multiple buttons. This let me obsolete my text-creator and much tidy up the code.

The code can be found the same place as before, http//students.gctaa.net/~dreich/projects/virtual_keyboard/, under 2.0. Btw, if you can think of any interesting-to-program key to put where I had backspace (I couldn't get backspace to integrate with the new method of storing text. Well, I probably would be able to, but it did not seem like it would be fun to figure out or work with.), that would be good. As-is, I'm going to start on redocnE-gui over winter break, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Please fix the link to the virtual_keyboard. Cool program! How about a quick "lesson" to would be pygtk programmers explaining how your program works and including any valuable tips you learned along the way of making it?

    I would be glad to host such a think on the OpenBookProject site. Let's talk early next week.

    ReplyDelete