Saturday, October 31, 2009

Quarter end summary + pygtk

Ok, the quarter's (almost) over and here's what I've done:

-Found out about this class, signed up for it, met Jeff, figured out how it works

-Decided to make my bookcode program into something a lot bigger; redocnE

-Worked on it a lot, incorperated a bunch of other ciphers, made the launchpad page (https://launchpad.net/redocne)

-Lots of bugfixing, particularly in user-generated ciphers (the hardest one to make that I had made myself)

-finished to a reasonable degree

-decided to learn pygtk

-learned object-oriented programming (as in, I know how to use it, but havn't actually put it into practice yet. I want to though, it seems like I could do some pretty neat stuff with it.)

-started on pygtk. This is mainly what I did the past few days (another thing I did - forget to post here), and I've been able to make windows pop up, and change what happens by changing variables in the sample code. I read about how it works, with 'callbacks' and 'events' and I'm fairly sure I'll have to reread it a few times before I really get it, but I will get it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment